Site Links :
Help of travel :
581 730 km ².
2.82 inhabitants per km ²
Festus Mogae Gontebanye
Fatshe leno the rona
» Practical Guide to plan your trip to Botswana:
» Rent a car Botswana:
» The telephone code Botswana:
Call of France to Botswana:
00 + 267 + city code + number to call.
Call from Botswana to France:
00 + 33 + n ° 9 digits (without the 0 preceding the area code).
» The price of food and camping in Botswana:
» Camping Price: between 7?
» Price Lodge / Guesthouse: 30?
» Luxe Awards: ... very expensive
Price of Food:
» Canned Price: approx 1 €
» Cakes Price: approx 0.30 €
» Coffee 500g Price: approx 2 €
» Biltong 1kg Price: approx 9 €
» Cheese Price: approx 2 €
» Bread Price: approx 0.3 €
» The quality of roads and trails in Botswana:
Physical infrastructure : 4343 km of paved roads and 14,089 km of tracks.
There is no waterway.
Rail network : 888 km.
Airstrips : 92 (including 10 with paved runways).
» Where go to Botswana ?
- The Chobe National Park
- Makgadikgadi National Park and Nxai
- Okavango Delta: Moremi
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Mabuasehube-Gemsbok National Park
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Gaborone Game Reserve
- Mokolodi Nature Reserve
» When to visit Botswana?
- Late May to August (winter) : The days are bright, warm and sunny, the nights cool to very cold.
- November to March: A very pronounced rainy season: showers and thunderstorms, so bring a rain so valuable that it gave its name to the national currency (the pula).
Interim periods are rather dry.
Books on Botswana:
Source : 2008