Site Links :
Help of Travel :
South Africa Formalities
Prepare your Travel to South Africa
I. Visas, permits, residence
What are the requirements for entering South Africa?
A valid acceptable passport or travel document good for a sufficient period to cover your intended stay.
A valid visa, if required.
A return or onward ticket.
At least two blank pages in your passport.
Yellow fever certificates are required if the journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
About Visas, permits, residence
II. Communication in South Africa
A. Calling Country from South Africa
00 + country code + number you want
B. Calling South Africa from the United States
- 011 - US exit code; must be dialed first for all international calls made from the USA or Canada
- 27 - country code for South Africa
- area code - 2 digit area codes
- phone number - 7 digits
- US to South Africa landlines international dialing format: 011 + 27 + ?? + ??? ????
Area Codes :
King William's Town 43
Cape Town 21
East London 43
Port Elizabeth 41
C. The notebook
- Vodacom (only to cover the Kruger)
III. Time Difference in South Africa
1 hour on the hour from Paris in winter, if not the same hour in summer.
IV. Electricity in South Africa
220/230 volts AC. Catches have either 2 records cylindrical or 3 large with longer connecting to the earth, one is required.
Source : 2008